Search the forum,

Discuss Floor prep - backer board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm converting a bedroom into a bathroom and doing a lot of the unskilled work myself. I'm at the point where I need to prep the timber floor ready for the tiler to come in and I plan to lay 6mm hardie board using screws and adhesive. I would like to know is there a particular type of adhesive that needs to be used?

Thanks

S

Spare Tool

They used to say any old powdered tile adhesive would do but personally I use the same flexible slowset as I'm using to fix the tiles..
Can I just say that the tiler you've employed should really be doing this as if there ever is a problem with the floor in the future who's to blame..

Reaction score
They used to say any old powdered tile adhesive would do but personally I use the same flexible slowset as I'm using to fix the tiles..
Can I just say that the tiler you've employed should really be doing this as if there ever is a problem with the floor in the future who's to blame..

Hi, thanks for the information about the adhesive. I'm not too concerned about any potential issues along the line, if something goes wrong and the tiles end up coming off because the backer board isn't correctly fixed, I only have myself to blame.

I'll take pictures and make a project thread on here

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm converting a bedroom into a bathroom and doing a lot of the unskilled work myself. I'm at the point where I need to prep the timber floor ready for the tiler to come in and I plan to lay 6mm hardie board using screws and adhesive. I would like to know is there a particular type of adhesive that needs to be used?

Thanks

You need to screw any loose floorboards down. And the type of adhesive I would use is an S2 on any wooden subfloor

Reply to Floor prep - backer board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen