Search the forum,

Discuss Flat rubber roof. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Went to look at a job today. Flat rubber roof/patio.
"Tiler" has already done a bit of prep work, tried to level it with cempolatex, very thin screed & there's loads of cracks right through it.
Looks to me like some parts have debonded from the rubber.
Areas about 20m2.

Can a rubber roof like this be tiled? & can it be levelled?

S

Stef

Concrete I think & they have put the membrane on top, looked like it had been rolled out & the seams were welded together.

Don't know a lot about it, will try & get more info.

Thanks Dave..

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Give schluter a call, while I was on there courses recently they talked briefly about products for what your talking about, I didn't do the balconys and roof course because I never get involved with either. But I'm sure they could help.

S

Stef

Cheers Gamma, I'm going to try & swerve it as I don't have a good feeling about it.

The other "Tiler" is supposed to go back today to tile it.

I will wait a few months & go back & prep it & tile it properly..

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I did one about two years ago like this. The roofing company said you could tile on it with Ditra. Used Keraflex with latex plus to stick both ditra and tiles and had no problems. May be worth checking with whoever put the "rubber roof" on and Schluter before deciding to quote tho

Mind you...I was going straight onto the rubber roof, not a half "prepped" job that was already de-bonding

Reply to Flat rubber roof. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen