Search the forum,

Discuss fixing brick slips onto existing plaster chimney breast in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

malcy

HI
I am new to this sight and was wondering what adhesive I should use to fix real brick slips to my chimney breast? I have had to remove my existing fire surround and open up the fireplace for installation of a wood burner. The plaster on the breast is solid but crazed so I thought brick slips would be favourite! I need an adhesive capable of withstanding the heat from a free standing stove. Any advice please? N.B.There will be a 100mm gap at the sides of the stove.
Thanks
Malcy.

P

Perry

Think he has changed his mind and bricked it up

and i have some nice 10mm thick reclaims inc pistols that would of done him on plaster

J

Jimmy’s

Can anyone give me a rough idea of the cost of brick slip tiling a fireplace (not the actual slips) just the Labour and materials etc ?? Been quoted 800 and seems v high

Reply to fixing brick slips onto existing plaster chimney breast in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen