Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting BCT 400 * 250 walls tiles to plasterboard and plaster in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TerryTibbs

Hi Guys,

I'm doing a job for a friend in a few weeks using BCT 400 x 250 White ceramic tiles in a bathroom with a bathtub with a shower above it.

I'll be doing about 12sqm including a mosaic border.

The surface will be Fresh plasterboard and old plaster (cement).

Do I need to use any sort of backing board infront of the plaster/board or should I use moisture resistant boards?

I have a few tubs of ready mix adhesive that was left over from a big job on site...can I use this?

What trowel should I use? 4mm? 6mm notch or rounded?

Greatful for any advice.

W

White Room

Can't you tank round the shower area.....use powdered adhesive not the tubbed stuff.

T

TerryTibbs

Tank???? what do you mean by that?

What depth adhseive/trowel type should i use?

thanks

R

Rookery

As above, waterproof the wet areas (ie around the shower area) with a tanking kit such as Mapei Shower Kit. You could use a ready mixed adhesive but in view of the size of the tile, you would have to leave grouting for several days to ensure adhesive had dried properly. Better to use a cement based one such as Mapei Adesilex P9. You have to mix it with water but it stays workable in the bucket for virtually a whole day and I find its easier to trowel out than ready mixed. You'll have to prime the walls first with a proper tilers primer such as Mapei Primer G. With that size of tile I'd use an 8mm notch minimum.

Reply to Fitting BCT 400 * 250 walls tiles to plasterboard and plaster in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen