Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting an aqua4ma wet room tray former in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As promised.
Fitted a Kudos, Aqua4MA tray former today.
this was fitted to a newly laid 18 mm plywood floor over joists. I had already trimmed the joists to suit the waste. Inside the shower area I cut out the plaster/ plasterboard to 150mm high for the skirting former.
1 . The kit I ordered comprises of a 900 x 1700 mm tray former, 6no 1200mm x 700mm floor panels amd 4no 150mm skirting panels.
2. Marking to the centre for the waste.
3 marking out or the steel support tray. This tray comes with a steel former that sits onto the joists and is recessed onto the floor. The tray then sits into this and creates the fall.
4 cut out the floor and pipe up for the waste.
5 fitting the waste to the steel tray and screwing down. You have to also drill holes in the base to fasten the metal tray to the joists. ( these need to be countersunk.
6 . Fit the waste adaptor to the tray ( this comes with an o ring seal)
7 . Run in the glue (provided with waste) to the steel tray to stick the tray former.
8. Lay in the tray and push the waste fitting in to locate, then walk on the tray to make contact with the adhesive. Then using a collated screw gun fix down the rest of the tray.
9 fit the floor panels , ( these are toungue and groove) with the plastic adhesive. And fit the skirting pieces in the shower area.
ready for tanking the walls tomorrow . image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 194

merit

TF
Reaction score
ive used aqua former before and found it really good, all the joints are solvent welded with the mastic they supply, and the screws self seal as they are driven into the trays and boards,apparently designed by a plumber who was not impressed with other wet room systems, dont know how price compares to others stacks up

Reply to Fitting an aqua4ma wet room tray former in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen