Search the forum,

Discuss fitting a bathroom sink in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

hemingway

Just a quick question . When fitting the bathroom sink.Do you fit the sink and then run the tiles up,or tile then fit the sink over the tiles .

H

hemingway

There is another problem I have Notice . I have replaced about 1m of piping to my bath.I have been reading that the pipes should be earthed.Is this right.I carnt see no earthing wire on any of the pipes or all the original piping too and has been like this for the 5yrs I have lived here obviously it was all boxed up previously to doing the bathroom so didnt know.Is this a major issue.

B

BoldreChris

Not sure if this is true or just hearsay but a couple of the electrical subbies I use have said that IF your electrical system is fully protected with RCDs (ie. all circuits in your consumer unit flow from RCDs) there is no longer a requirement for earth bonding of metalwork within that building. I think you'll need to read the building regs to check if that's actually true. However, if any of your circuits are not RCD-protected, you should bond all exposed metalwork in wet areas to earth. That means, pipework in copper, steel or lead, cast iron or steel baths, even radiators and towel rails - basically anything metal that could be touched.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Not sure if this is true or just hearsay but a couple of the electrical subbies I use have said that IF your electrical system is fully protected with RCDs (ie. all circuits in your consumer unit flow from RCDs) there is no longer a requirement for earth bonding of metalwork within that building. I think you'll need to read the building regs to check if that's actually true. However, if any of your circuits are not RCD-protected, you should bond all exposed metalwork in wet areas to earth. That means, pipework in copper, steel or lead, cast iron or steel baths, even radiators and towel rails - basically anything metal that could be touched.

Im pretty sure that's the case too

H

hemingway

I have piped the bath in already. Bit gutted now . I fitted the sink in yesterday and the flexed pipe from the sink are 1/4 " just to short . Thought I might get away with the plumbing. Looks like I will be doing a bit more plumbing . Don't mind really I do a bit off piping in my day to day job . Couldn't believe it, the old sink wasn't even attached to the wall . It was just resting on the pedestal an siliconed to the wall.

Reply to fitting a bathroom sink in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen