Search the forum,

Discuss First time tiling question in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Morning all

first time tiler and need some advice

I want to tile floor tiles at the foot of a wall which is not straight (pics attached). This means that when I put the tiles down as straight as possible, there are large uneven gaps between the back of the floor tile and the adjacent wall. The wall is an old chimney breast which has been skimmed with plaster

Any advice would be great

3AB164E1-3ABE-4FED-8CC8-27A3C84611D5.jpeg

7D960892-730E-4CCE-96FC-23C2ED61D43C.jpeg

2E5BDD3F-BBAA-45E5-8A0E-AB5F82FC3411.jpeg

18A529CB-80C8-4408-A7CB-AA809303654C.jpeg

Reaction score
Skirting should cover that.
Thanks Dave, I wasn’t initially planning on putting skirting there as the wall is bowed and the bottom of the fireplace cut out will be lower than the skirting line (skirting will be above the cut out)

Reply to First time tiling question in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen

First time tiling question > Tiling Advice - Tilers Forums
Search the forum,

Discuss First time tiling question in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Morning all

first time tiler and need some advice

I want to tile floor tiles at the foot of a wall which is not straight (pics attached). This means that when I put the tiles down as straight as possible, there are large uneven gaps between the back of the floor tile and the adjacent wall. The wall is an old chimney breast which has been skimmed with plaster

Any advice would be great

3AB164E1-3ABE-4FED-8CC8-27A3C84611D5.jpeg

7D960892-730E-4CCE-96FC-23C2ED61D43C.jpeg

2E5BDD3F-BBAA-45E5-8A0E-AB5F82FC3411.jpeg

18A529CB-80C8-4408-A7CB-AA809303654C.jpeg

Reaction score
Skirting should cover that.
Thanks Dave, I wasn’t initially planning on putting skirting there as the wall is bowed and the bottom of the fireplace cut out will be lower than the skirting line (skirting will be above the cut out)

Reply to First time tiling question in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen