Search the forum,

Discuss First Post - Acrylic over PVA? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

g60renshaw

First things first. Hello. This is my first post on the forum and I am sure over the coming weeks it will not be my last as I am about to embark on tiling my bathrooms, both of which have been freshly created as part of my house extension/re-configuration.
In order to minimise the cost and time involved I am only planning on tiling the floors in both the ensuite and the master bathroom and the walls around the shower area in each.
The rest of the walls will be painted, or glass splashbacks.

So to my first question.

I was advised, I now believe incorrectly having done some searches on here, to PVA the newly plastered area around the shower in the master bathroom prior to tiling. Having done this I am now reading PVA is a bad idea as it prevents the tile adhesive bonding properly.
Can I acrylic primer over the PVA? Will this help or make things worse?
I am planning on white gloss 60x30 tiles for these wall, but am yet to buy these, am I restricted in what I can use now I have PVA’d?
One wall is stud wall plasterboarded and then plastered, the other is a brick wall which has been plastered.
Its all very flat and level and ready for tiling, but I don’t want to start until I have done all I can.

Any help appreciate.

Jay

Reply to First Post - Acrylic over PVA? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
Hello I plan to tile our bathroom with 60x60 cm tiles (8 mm thick) and the shower (because of the slope from all sides) will be done with mosaic tiles (5x5 cm). After researching I came to the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.