Search the forum,

Discuss First attempt at a envelope cut into a linear drain in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
A Piece of glass is correct T , metro white tiles going on the walls in the shower area , appreciate your input guys my thinking is I will finish the floor to bond and re cut into the shower area only tile out of bond will be the centred tiles on the drain which I can live with. Cheers kop

W

WetSaw

I'm sure I've seen something like this on here... 20181203_081739.jpg

Obviously not to scale and I don't know your tile size (and I didn't take the line out to the edge..) but basically cut tiles down to make a border.

W

Waluigi

Wayne- as you say, you only have a single misaligned grout joint. As you’re standing looking at the wet Dec in pic 1, does the bottom right tile meet the right hand wall as a full tile?

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
No bud it's more than a full tile that's why I centred it to save another joint ? what's the best grout to use usually use customer wants a lighter grey. Cheers kop

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
All good Andy think it will all work out ok can you recommend a good grout for a wetroom floor, usually use bal or mapie ? In light grey need something that's flexible and waterproof cheers w

W

Waluigi

An epoxy is the only waterproof grout available as far as I know.

Edit: Bal Micromax 2 would be fine though. Not waterproof as such but it doesn’t need to be.

Reply to First attempt at a envelope cut into a linear drain in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen