Search the forum,

Discuss Firing up time? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

biggallute

HI all,just about done laying the floor tiles in the bathroom,I used 10mm marmox boards screwed down onto t & g flooring sitting on 8?" x 3" joists then fitted ufh cable mats I used mapei kerraquick clag & I know it says not to fire up the heating for about 7 days ish BUT do I still have to wait that long as I have used a "rapid set" adhesive or is my reasoning flawed?

G

Gazzer

I usually leave it 14 days before "firing" it up. It doesnmt matetr what adhesive is used in my eyes, 14 days is my rule. Then its "Fired" up in small increases until max temp is reached. If you want to be really picky then it should be lowered the same way after leaving the heating on full for 2 days.
Just my way of doing it, I think that covers all eventualities. :thumbsup:

B

biggallute

there you go!
someone who knows,thanks for that I was just feeling a little bit impatient as it has taken me so long to do all the work, I stripped all the old wall tiles off patch plastered the dodgy bits LOL, fitted new airbath (sink & new btw bog still to do)etc. etc. & trust me when I say this it's bloody hard work when you can't kneel down! :incazzato:

S

Scott

What does the manufactures instructions say?

As with Sir Ramic i have never switched it in before 14 days.

D

Daz

Even rapid set takes 28 days to reach full bond strength, so I try to educate customers to wait a month before switching on.

G

Gazzer

Even rapid set takes 28 days to reach full bond strength, so I try to educate customers to wait a month before switching on.

Doesnt hurt to over do these things which is always a good reason to tile these floors in the summer so there is no real reason to rush the firing up process.

B

biggallute

it says "Allow sufficient drying or curing time of the sub floor & finished floor before & after installation"
so clear as mud to me I'm afraid,could of sworn it said 7 days somewhere in the destructions? :mad2: anyway think 14 days looks good.

Reply to Firing up time? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen