Search the forum,

Discuss Finsihed My College Course, Final Piece Pics in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mark2000

I had a thread including pictures of the various pieces of work that i had done at college. Well i have now completed my college course, and as part of it had to complete a final piece which we had to design then tile. So here is what i came up with, i was really pleased with it and enjoyed every minute of doing it!!!

DSC00684.jpg

I thought it turned out really well, especially that this was my first ever attempt at grouting. So comments all welcome good or bad!! :thumbsup:

C

cjbombero

Nice little bit of tiling there! If thats the only grouting you have done then it will be worth taking a bit of extra time on it for your first few jobs, same goes for silicone. The quality of the grout and sealant work can greatly affect how a job looks at the end, buy a washboy (if you don't already own one) and a sealant applicator and you will get faster and neater!

i've only done a couple of jobs myself and the temptation is to rush, rush, rush all the time and it ends up taking loger in the end!

Best of luck

cjbombero

M

Mark2000

Thanks for the comments and advice cjbombero, the main reason i hadnt done any grouting was due to the fact it was a low budget course, and only had 12 4hour lessons and never got round to getting to do it due to the fact there is so much to learn.

Ideally i would like to try get some experiance of working with a tiler as i still have lots to learn plus beign 18 would be very hard to set up on my own. Will have to see if any friends or family want tiling done.

T

Turkish

I had a thread including pictures of the various pieces of work that i had done at college. Well i have now completed my college course, and as part of it had to complete a final piece which we had to design then tile. So here is what i came up with, i was really pleased with it and enjoyed every minute of doing it!!!

DSC00684.jpg

I thought it turned out really well, especially that this was my first ever attempt at grouting. So comments all welcome good or bad!! :thumbsup:

Well done mate! If i may be so bold though and this is constructive feedback the tiles along the top seem to be lipping slightly? It may just be the picture though, Something to bear in mind for future though

Turkish:thumbsup:

M

Mark2000

Turkish- yeah they were lipping a bit but this is due to the variation of the thickness of the different tiles that i used, the white tiles were quite a bit thinner than the other tiles that i used, had this sort of problem with the central tiles and mosaic tiles as well, but definatly something i will bear in mind in the future, Thanks for the feedback!

D

dean39

Good first attempt considering its your first time grouting.....best of luck in future..................

L

LM Ceramics

alright mark2000

it is possible to set up on your own ive just turned 20 (been tiling nearly 4 years) i have my own tiling business and im doing rather well some people might be put of my age but i still get a fair bit of work

if you have just finished college my advice is get some experience first though tiling a little wall is different from a full bathroom and at 18 im sure there are tilers who will take you on as an apprentice

Reply to Finsihed My College Course, Final Piece Pics in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen