Search the forum,

Discuss False chimney breast..split face slate mosaic in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Ant

Hi all

I'm a keen diy'er and have tiled the odd bathroom in the past.

I'm looking to build a false chimney breast in my living room (timber frame). I want to fix it with split face slate or quartzite mosaic.

I'm after advice on which board to fix.. I'm thinking hardiebacker or similar (6 or 12mm?)?? Would this be sufficient screwed directly to the timber frame or is there a better option.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ant

A

Ant

Thanks mate, yeh it's purely for decoration, gonna tile the whole thing, put a tv and flat electric fire on there. I was a bit worried about the weights of the mosaics on plain plasterboard... is that not an issue in this case then?

So you mean just to put a thin coat of dlexi adhesive on the board, let dry and then tile as normal with the same adhesive?

mike t

TF
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm a keen diy'er and have tiled the odd bathroom in the past.

I'm looking to build a false chimney breast in my living room (timber frame). I want to fix it with split face slate or quartzite mosaic.

I'm after advice on which board to fix.. I'm thinking hardiebacker or similar (6 or 12mm?)?? Would this be sufficient screwed directly to the timber frame or is there a better option.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ant
to be completely sure, wedi boards, marmox or jackoboards would be the best option. definitely get a good fixing then.

Reply to False chimney breast..split face slate mosaic in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen