Search the forum,

Discuss extruded foam insulation board in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

has anyone tiled directly onto this foam backer? no cement coating, just foam with electric ufh mat?

can't say I fancy risking it.:nonod:

J

Just Rizzle

don't think I would fancy tiling to it ether as its got nothing to make the adhesive bind to and with ufh when the addy drys out what is stoping it from debounding.

J

J Sid

Yes done it twice now, and its been fine.
One a conservative floor about 15m2.
The other a large kitchen floor, 38 m2 with electric underfloor heating. This one I really don't want to do. After a long phone call to the supplier I followed they instructions and all was good. Have been back to this job to do another room and the floor look perfect.
I was supplied with a primer to be used on both sides, sticking down and tiling side. They also supplied Mapei adhesive. No self leveling over wires, straight tiling on wires.

S

Sean SML Tiling

I may be wrong but would mapei eco prime grip stick to the foam as it sticks to pretty much everything.

R

Rookery

I used some uncoated insulation board once, supplied by the customer. Horrible stuff. It didn't feel as rigid as the coated stuff.

U

Uheat - Keith

We have sold the same one for the last 9 years, over 200000 boards to date.
Make sure it is 'floor grade' insulation boards.
We always say on our quotation, "Onto a load bearing base the ..mm insulation board will need an overall extra spare depth of ..mm: ..mm board with 2mm powdered flexible tile adhesive under the boards to fix.
Flexible self-leveling compound over UFH system.
A powdered flexible tile adhesive is used to fix the floor finish."
Warm regards,

Reply to extruded foam insulation board in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen