Search the forum,

Discuss Everbuild SBR Bond as primer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

I'm against priming plasterboard, almost seems like you're putting too much moisture into it.

D

Derwent999

:yikes:
Never did tiling before, just having a go mate.
Gave the bitumen a good neat coat of Bal SBR Bond, still a bit tacky, also were no bitumen on concrete also still tacky almost two days later, almost dry.

If I was to give Floor Vinyl Tiles, Concrete, Old Bitumen adhesive left over from removing tiles,two coats of SBR neat will it take the floor Tiles better.
Thanks Mate.
:8:

D

doug boardley

:yikes:
Never did tiling before, just having a go mate.
Gave the bitumen a good neat coat of Bal SBR Bond, still a bit tacky, also were no bitumen on concrete also still tacky almost two days later, almost dry.

If I was to give Floor Vinyl Tiles, Concrete, Old Bitumen adhesive left over from removing tiles,two coats of SBR neat will it take the floor Tiles better.
Thanks Mate.
:8:
where you wanting this post Derwent? it's in two threads now, I can delete one if you like:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an ancient thread! But I'm about to tile a bar concrete floor and don't know whether I need to prime it or not. I happen to have some Everbuild 503 SBR left from a garden paving project, so when i found this thread I thought it could be handy to know if this would work?

Do I need to prime bare concrete (rough finished, not machined, and never been tiled on before, it's been laid a year but only just getting round to tiling)

If so, do I need to use it neat, dilute it, make a slurry with cement? And how long will it take to dry?

Thanks!

Reply to Everbuild SBR Bond as primer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen