Search the forum,

Discuss Epoxy grout in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

lmkitchens

Where is the most affordable place to get hold of this devil juice?

I have a job renovating a lab, grout has to be acid proof so going the epoxy route. Been quoted £60.00 a bucket for weber so trying to see if I an push the cost down as there is about 20m2 which would cost about £400.00.

L

lmkitchens

Trying to understand consumption.

From the tables on the weber site a 300 x 300mm tile with a 5mm spacer will use .43kg pm2.

So a tub @ 4kg would do nearly 10m2. Does that sound right? My local tile shop thought I would want 7 tubs of it?!?

Reaction score
Make sure you wear gloves for this grout, and if you get it on your skin wash it off immediatley. The only time I'v used it, it gave me a anaphylactic shock, so i wont use it anymore.

L

lmkitchens

MY tilers doing it, but hes not had loads of experience with it! I'm just supplying but I reckon my local shoped worked off the 1.7kg m2 for fixing tiles with it not the figure for grouting..

Anyone shed any light on this?

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
Rob how easy is this to use?
I've not had the pleasure yet but as you say I've been told it's the easiest to use.
Does it require a lot of washing off.

i worked with a team of epoxy grouters last year . they say its the best out there , easy to wash of , can leave for 30 -45 mins , not unlike normal grouts
hope this helps .

L

lmkitchens

I will be using it as a grout only.

I believe looking ta the numbers on the tech spec that the person at my local tile shop has calculated the amounts needed based on the figure of 1.7 kg per m2. That seems to be stated for fixing with the stuff not grouting.

Grouting looks to be a useage of approx .43 kg m2, so a 4kg tub will cover roughly 10m2.

Does that sound about correct? As I don't want to buy 7 tubs when I only need 3 at that price!!

R

Rookery

I'd also use Ardex EG8. If you phone Ardex tech dept with the details (tile size, thickness, joint width) they'll work it out for you. Perhaps more accurate than some bloke in a tile shop?

Reply to Epoxy grout in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen