Search the forum,

Discuss Epoxy Grout in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

I've recently had a lot of building work completed to create to a large room for rescue dogs and a separate large utility room for them too. I've spent several weekends decorating and finally got to the last stage of employing a tiler. I've used porcelain tiles and skirting tiles and chose to use epoxy grout to the amount of rescue dogs that we have. We've had a few problems with the tiler, measured the room incorrectly and didn't allow enough for breakages and even more annoyingly he's left epoxy grout on my newly painted walls. Can someone please advise how I can sort out my walls? This whole experience has been so stressful!!!

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Sorry to hear of your bad experience, what type of epoxy grout did he use? there are products that may remove epoxy residue.

If you google Mapei Kerapoxy Cleaner, this may help, for fully cured material you may need Mapei Pullicol 2000.

Hope this helps. PS welcome to TF, good luck.:thumbsup:

U

Unregistered

Thanks for your reply. I can't remember the make of grout, I'll check to see if my husband can. Will the product you mention be ok to use on an emulsion surface? I don't want to make the problem worse, if that's possible! Am I being reasonable by expecting the tiler to have left my walls grout free? I really didn't expect to be putting right his mess.

T

Time's Ran Out

Just scrap it off, patch the plaster with polyfilla and re emulsion!
Although you may have issues with this particular tiler, to paint the walls and not expect some remedial damage is being hopeful!
If your not happy with his tidying up on completion, ask him to return to complete the removal of the grout.
Hope it all gets sorted.

M

MTiler

If you cant scrape off the hardened epoxy grout use a heat gun to soften it, it will then be easy to scrape off.

D

DHTiling

We appreciate you not happy but to decorate before having tiling done , then is the tiler at fault ? , but as above it can be sorted as it is just decor.

Reply to Epoxy Grout in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen