Search the forum,

Discuss epoxy grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fred

The client I am working for this week has also asked me to look at her kitchen work tops. The kitchen was installed over 15 years ago by a posh firm up the city of London. The epoxy grout, white, is now a horrid brown colour. Is there a way of restoring epoxy grout to its former colour?

S

shane176

Epoxy grout can be cleaned with a spray bottle mixture of 50% bleach and 50% warm water. Spray the grout, saturating the area to be cleaned, and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse and repeat if needed. When using bleach always wear gloves and have an open window for air circulation.
If bleach is too strong a chemical for you there are plenty of other ‘on hand’ materials you can use. Make a thick paste with baking soda, water, and vinegar. Apply and lightly scrub with a toothbrush. Baking soda acts as a whitener and will keep your grout cleaner

, longer. This will kill bacteria and mildew as well as remove body oils and soap scum. Vinegar is also a great odor remover.

but be carefull as Vinegar can burn cement grout and can damage some tile glazes if left on for too long: make sure you rinse it well. Always test a small area before doing an entire project to check for damage. Be sure to re-seal grout after heavy cleaning. This will keep it resistant to stains, mold, and mildew for a longer period of time.
well thats what i fink

good luck geeza:8:

D

DHTiling

If it is epoxy grout then it will be just surface scum.....nothing can grow in it...so a good scrub with warm soapy water and a nail brush etc will clean it.....no need for chemicals on epoxy grout...

M

MICK the Tiler

DITTO with what Dave suggests. Epoxy grout will be resistant to chemicals.............so good old fashioned elbow grease and warm soapy water should do the trick

Reply to epoxy grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen