Search the forum,

Discuss Epoxy Grout Wooden Floors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

David Dudley

Hi.

Finally gettig round to tiling my bathroom.

Have bought all my tiles.,
Also ordered all my Dural products and adhesives from PHG - great service and advice from David.

Have decided to get a professional in to do the actual tiling.

My question relates to using Epoxy grout on the floor.
18mm marine ply, Dural CI+ matting, Granirapid adhesive, Quartz 30cm x 60cm tiles?

All of the above is designed to be as flexible as possible, and am wondering if epoxy grout will provide enough flex for the substrate?
The floor feels solid with no noticable movement in the joins - all screwed down with noggins. Can't find any info on the tech sheets.

We have our heart set on epoxy for its stain resistance (white grout) and waterproof qualities.

Thanks.
David.

G

Gazebo

I'm no expert when it comes to epoxy but sounds like it would be ok.

Someone will tell you for sure though.

Aslong as the floor is deflection free then all is good.

And if you are going for epoxy grout I would check that your 'pro' tiler has used it before.

Gary

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
epoxy grouts are a lot easier to use than they used to be , but in saying that , your tiler needs to be experienced using this type of grout,
not done correctly , i.e not cleaned right could be a disaster

R

Rich

I agree with the above, Epoxy should be fine as long as the floor is deflection free. The really important thing is to make sure that the tiler knows what he is dealing with.

D

David Dudley

Was thinking Mapei Kerapoxy white.

Havn't purchased it yet so will go with whatever is most suitable for the job.

B

BeeTiling

As previously mentioned make sure your tiler has used and understands the product, Mapei Kerapoxy will be perfect for the job in hand

Reply to Epoxy Grout Wooden Floors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen