Search the forum,

Discuss epoxy grout why !!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

You'll be entering it in JOTM and saying you've just done it!
That's an interesting 'cut' you've put in the border - would you still do the same now 15 years later!
I like the warmth of the tile colours and it hasn't really aged - very much like a cork design.

J

jay

dont think so for JOTM as for 45 corners i give the customer the choice most go for square and yes it is warm on eye thats why we chose it practical to doesnt show dirt thanks timeless:8:

J

jay

no gooner its just the way we use to finish corners when you run a border i have seen a lot of different ways it can be done prefer 45 or square :8:

D

davy_G

Nice to see something you did so long ago standing the test of time.

Now, I have never used epoxy but will be tiling my own extension kitchen/diner and back hall this year. Being a farmhouse and with patio doors and the back door (the main door for the house) I would like to use epoxy to stop the grout getting grubby over time.

So whats the difference in cost over regular flexi grout.
Oh, some of it will have UFH....any issues there?

J

jay

hi davy g the new epoxys are not as hard as of old ufh makes no difference its waterproof as you will notice when you wash a floor the grout doesn't change color (go darker) cost wise yes it is dearer but worth it doing a lot more of it . last one before chrissy was 35 m2 400x 400 ceramic epoxy cost in your currency 38 pound and took 4 hours to do you spend a lot of time washing off and it pays to be fussy:8:

Reply to epoxy grout why !!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen