Search the forum,

Discuss Epoxy grout and grout floats . in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

I haven't done epoxy grout for a number of years and the last time I did I used one of those heavy solid grout floats. Now My question is with the improvements in epoxy grout is it still necessary to use this sort of float or can a standard grout float be used .

Q

Qwerty

You can easily use a standard float now. It floats just fine and I've found the epoxy floats too hard with the modern epoxys

G

GoneGuy

I’ve been using the Kerakoll fugalite bio with the Kerakoll float and seems ok

H

hmtiling

Been doing a lot of fugalite recently. Been using my raimondi epoxy float though I imagine a standard float would be OK.

M

MTiler

Raimondi and Kerakoll epoxy floats are nice and light weight to use. A standard float isnt stiff enough to clean off excess epoxy

Q

Qwerty

Raimondi and Kerakoll epoxy floats are nice and light weight to use. A standard float isnt stiff enough to clean off excess epoxy

Maybe not for mosaics but I've found my standard Rubi float more than adequate at spreading and cleaning off excess epoxy for both Fugalite bio and Kerapoxy

Reply to Epoxy grout and grout floats . in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen