Search the forum,

Discuss Encaustic tiles marked by plastic wrap s in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sara

Hi there,
I'm a tile enthusiast who's joined the forum to get some help / advice.
Some builders, thinking they were protecting our communal hallway tiles with a sticky clingwrap type material pathway, have left crinkle marks especially on the sandstone coloured tiles, and taken away the patina developed using Renew TM over some years. I can't get rid of these marks - I can't even lighten them. So far tried water and nail brush, HG 17 cleaner, floor soap, and WD40 ( builder's suggestion).
Any suggestions much appreciated.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I use that sticky stuff but only on carpets and only the ones that aren't 100% wool, it can do more harm than good. I heard of a plumber who used it on wood carpets and after 2 weeks left a right sticky dark stripe up the stairs, he spent hours scrubbing with Wonder
wipes but carpet was ruined.

I carry new carpet cut offs to make a gangway to my van as I'm up and down the stairs 800 times a day while people sit around.

Reply to Encaustic tiles marked by plastic wrap s in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen