Search the forum,

Discuss Electric Tile Cutter For Slate in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

It's really more about the blade you have in the cutter, I have an ND200 and wanged some stuff through that.

S

stevesmith89

Hi whitebeam that's what I suspected, so would a cheapish cutter with a decent blade do it or should I just bite the bullet and get the ND 200 and a decent blade? (Great believer in buy cheap you buy twice)

S

stevesmith89

Thanks I was going to ask about the Norton cutters as I believe they're the ones that CTD sell?

S

stevesmith89

Ok thank you everyone for your input, I think I've narrowed it down to a table top one and will pop in some local shops etc but I can get the rubi nd 200 for £350 online. I'll keep this thread open and update with which one I go for and my experience after the jobs finished

J

Just Rizzle

have you thought of a rubi 180 its a tilers circular saw can use wet or dry I use it dry and fit it has a fitting to attach a vacuum for the dust a lot less cumber son than any table wet cutter especially if space is an issue

S

stevesmith89

Yeah I was looking at that one earlier but Rubis product video made it look extremely complicated to set up etc

J

J Sid

have you thought of a rubi 180 its a tilers circular saw can use wet or dry I use it dry and fit it has a fitting to attach a vacuum for the dust a lot less cumber son than any table wet cutter especially if space is an issue
You cut slate dry? And get a good edge? That I've got to see ;)

Reply to Electric Tile Cutter For Slate in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen