Search the forum,

Discuss Efflorescence in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

chelsway

Hi to all, i recently tiled a bathroom, and 3 weeks later all the grout is a lemon yellow colour,been told i could have used too much water in washing,fair enough.does anyone have any experience with the unibond grout reviver and would the yellow bleed through eventually?please give me any advise.thanks

D

DHTiling

That isn't Efflorescence as the title you used suggests..

Which grout was it...and has the customer done any cleaning duties and if so what did they use..?

G

Gazzer

Is it "all" the grout ? Was adhesive dry before grouting, what adhesive did you use?, were walls painted? as much info as possible please

C

chelsway

It was a weber maxi grout(suitable for exterior/interior) as far as i know they have left it alone but who knows,i just find it strange that its the same colour all over?

C

chelsway

I primed the walls with a bal sbr ,used supergrip to stick and weber grout.left the tiles overnight before grouting

D

DHTiling

Right... What size tiles... and how thick was the adhesive used..?

Soz for the questions ..just trying to eliminate things.

C

chelsway

The tiles were ceramic 20 x 25 or 30 b&q tiles and i used my normal 6mm notched trowel

Reply to Efflorescence in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen