Search the forum,

Discuss Edges, Trims and making it look better in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Intune

Hello,

First time poster - I've just moved into a new house, and while the inherited new downstairs loo is very handy, the tiles are messy.

See for yourself. photo.JPG

I want to make the join between the black floor tiles and the wall tiles neater. I know the best option would be take them off and start over, but after stamp duty and solicitors etc, I've not a great deal of spare cash.
Is there an option for sticking something over the join, a trim or edging tile? Any recommendations to cheaply neaten this up would be appreciated.

Thank you.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Skirting tile sounds good. When you say new house, do you mean new build or new to you?

G

Grout_God

How big is the gap between the wall and floor, wouldn't a neat bead of silicone do the trick if money is tight ? Where do you live Intune....if you're local (Chester way) I don't mind nipping in and whipping a bead of silicone round for you, it just depends on how big the gap is, as a big wide silicone bead will look worse than it does at the minute

I

Intune

New to me... moved in last week. It's one of the little things that's been bugging me. Thank you for the help. :thumbsup:

Reply to Edges, Trims and making it look better in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen