Search the forum,

Discuss Easy or Correct? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

mma

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Do you try to always tile with proper cuts or what ever makes your life easier? A bad example such as a full tile one side of a window etc (not symmetrical)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I do what ever looks pleasing to the eye if a full tile up the edge of a Window saves a small cut in the corner then so be it........main thing is to always involve the customer in the set out......saves any hassle later. ...as someone found out in another thread !!

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Whatever looks the best, uses the most of a tile and minimum cuts.

or sometimes just cheat!!
just finished this bathroom, the cut to the left of the wc was determined by the shower area. I made this equal on the right side to make the toilet look right. But this made the shower mixer not in the centre. So I wet cut the tiles and cut off 30mm off each and re-finished the edges. Those on here can tell, but they haven't ( yet!)

By the way, the rad is to swap as its the wrong colour. 6 week order!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 104

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Whatever looks the best, uses the most of a tile and minimum cuts.

or sometimes just cheat!!
just finished this bathroom, the cut to the left of the wc was determined by the shower area. I made this equal on the right side to make the toilet look right. But this made the shower mixer not in the centre. So I wet cut the tiles and cut off 30mm off each and re-finished the edges. Those on here can tell, but they haven't ( yet!)

By the way, the rad is to swap as its the wrong colour. 6 week order!!

That toilet could do with dropping by about 50mm as well

Reply to Easy or Correct? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen