Search the forum,

Discuss Ealing job quote?? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Had a local customer of mine phone me yesterday. His daughter has just had a quote for an En-suite loft conversion......14m walls, 3m on floor.......no pottery or units in room. Not sure if anything else.

They have been quoted £1200 labour. Materials supplied

Not up to date on London prices........but it does seem steep.

Anyone in the local Ealing area want to price it??

R

rj1884

Wow. Can you clarify whether they are supplying the materials. Even so I would say that's a bit on the steep side. How long did he say it would take.

T

TJ Smiler

Hi Mate, does sound a bit off..... but then being a loft conversion it may have loads of angled cuts or be really cramped to move in, then there is parking, will they have to run down three flights of stairs for every grind/ wet cut et. but even with all that it does sound a bit steep.

As rj1884 says, how long did they estimate it would take?

R

rj1884

Very true regarding the amount of times they may have to travel up and down the stairs. my legs certainly took some punishment on the last few I've done.

W

White Room

Probably have to strengthen the floors for weight issues, dos'nt sound expensive to me.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As far as I know, it's a terrace house in Ealing that has had a loft conversion.....fairly standard. He asked me if I would go to London and do it, accommodation paid for, but it needs to be done sooner than I can managed.

Yes, the materials are supplied.

If anyone is interested?, PM me and I can give you a phone number.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
just priced a loft with mosaics, facilities out, back in complete strip, my price is more than double that, customer understands and is happy to get the job done properly.

Reply to Ealing job quote?? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen