Discuss Drilling hole for soil pipe in ceramic tile in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Q

Qwerty

Need to drill a perfect hole for a soil pipe in a shower room I am doing at the moment. Customer is adamant that they want a perfect hole which I have assured him I can produce.
I have used 365 kit for all other pipes for the last year or so with excellent results, but need to know advice/ tips for best way to achieve cut for soil pipe......... do I buy the drill bit from 365, or can you suggest any other reliable methods???

Ta- Geoff

D

doug boardley

I have a 115mm bit that I always use for toilet wastes, looks really neat.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure 365drills do one for soil stacks now. Do you need to get through block/brickwork too?

D

dilz000

I did a perfect one with an angle grinder :]

however i have bought the 365 115mm bit now, just havent got round to using it

A

Alberta Stone

I find a grinder an indispensable tool with so many uses, it is amazing what one can do with a good one and it can really fudge things up if you let an idiot wield one.

H

hillhead

I love my grinder so much that i have a replacement sitting ready so i don't be stuck,lol.

S

Scott

Hand held glass cutter to score it then either pin hammer or i plunge cut with my little plasplugs wet cutter and nip out the edges

Q

Qwerty

I'm sure 365drills do one for soil stacks now. Do you need to get through block/brickwork too?

No, just the tile. I think I will try my trusty old Makita angle grinder first then! Cheers all

C

conceptceramics

grinder all the way for the soil pipe, unless u need to go through the wall aswell, cut from the back and the front of the tile and the centre peices should just fall away then u can smooth the outline edge really well.

D

Deleted member 1779

If it needs to be perfect then we do the 110mm and the 115mm.

I always recommend the 115 because extract fans start at that diameter.

115mm.jpg

If you have access to a fixed pillar drill use that

Dsc08189.jpg

Fixed Pillar Drill produces a PERFECT hole in a tile every time

No access to a fixed pillar drill? Working on site and in a tight spot?

Dsc08132.jpg

Grab a lump of plasterboard and knock out a template. Takes a few seconds to whizz through.

Dsc08140.jpg

Put the plasterboard over the tile and drill through.

Dsc08143.jpg

Splosh some water to cool the diamonds - And away you go.

Dsc08148.jpg

Perfect hole every time. And as well as the Soil Stack you can do the same for an extract fan !

A

Alberta Stone

Looks like a nice piece of gear, that drill bit does.
How much does it go for?

Reply to Drilling hole for soil pipe in ceramic tile in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks