Search the forum,

Discuss Drilling ceramic tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davemul

Hi, bit of a silly question and the answer will most prob be no but..
are these drill bits overkill for drilling ceramic tiles?

thanks
dave

I

Ian

They are really, a decent masonry bit will go through ceramic. The corers are more for the tough stuff. I still use them for holes bigger than 10mm as you don't get many masonry bits bigger than that.

---
- Sent using Tapatalk

T

Time's Ran Out

Which drill bits - I'am still using 365 drills (did I mention I won them for JOTM 2009 August I think.)

R

Rich

Perhaps the pic was removed if it was from a site that we dont like?

Have a look at 365, they should be able to sort you out :thumbsup:

I

Ian

There is a link to 365 at the top of the page. I assume that's what was being referred to.

---
- Sent using Tapatalk

G

grumpygrouter

There was no pic.. I was referring to the porcelain drill bits promoted here (365)
In that case, no they aren't overkill, they give a brilliant finish but if you are only using for one job and you aren't a pro then a cheaper alternative may suffice. Just don't go using a "normal" tungsten carbide bit with hammer action.....

R

Rich

As above, they will go through like a hot knife like butter and give a really good finish but if they are a bit pricey for one job then there are others that will do the job.

Reply to Drilling ceramic tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen