Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Drilling ceramic tiles in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

davemul

Hi, bit of a silly question and the answer will most prob be no but..
are these drill bits overkill for drilling ceramic tiles?

thanks
dave

I

Ian

They are really, a decent masonry bit will go through ceramic. The corers are more for the tough stuff. I still use them for holes bigger than 10mm as you don't get many masonry bits bigger than that.

---
- Sent using Tapatalk

T

Time's Ran Out

Which drill bits - I'am still using 365 drills (did I mention I won them for JOTM 2009 August I think.)

R

Rich

Perhaps the pic was removed if it was from a site that we dont like?

Have a look at 365, they should be able to sort you out :thumbsup:

I

Ian

There is a link to 365 at the top of the page. I assume that's what was being referred to.

---
- Sent using Tapatalk

G

grumpygrouter

There was no pic.. I was referring to the porcelain drill bits promoted here (365)
In that case, no they aren't overkill, they give a brilliant finish but if you are only using for one job and you aren't a pro then a cheaper alternative may suffice. Just don't go using a "normal" tungsten carbide bit with hammer action.....

R

Rich

As above, they will go through like a hot knife like butter and give a really good finish but if they are a bit pricey for one job then there are others that will do the job.

Reply to Drilling ceramic tiles in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks