Search the forum,

Discuss DPM over leveller in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I've been asked to level the cellar floor of a bar. I intend to use an epoxy DPM over the leveller. Does anyone know if the leveller should be allowed extra drying time before applying the DPM? My gut says to leave it a few days but presumably if a leveller can be overlaid with a vinyl or other impervious surfaces after x amount of hours then it will take the DPM.

L

LM

I've been asked to level the cellar floor of a bar. I intend to use an epoxy DPM over the leveller. Does anyone know if the leveller should be allowed extra drying time before applying the DPM? My gut says to leave it a few days but presumably if a leveller can be overlaid with a vinyl or other impervious surfaces after x amount of hours then it will take the DPM.
This comes down to what type of leveller is on the floor. DPM's are designed soley for the purpose of being applied over damp substrates to prevent the penetration of moisture rising, so the DPM will be fine if the leveller is suitable for application over a damp substrate.
It's always better to apply DPM first and then the leveller as DPM has to be levelled over anyway in most cases.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Floor definitely needs smoothing if not levelling first. I've not been asked to tile so I'm guessing they'll be putting some kind of vinyl down. I agree that I'll need a moisture tolerant slc but would probably allow longer to dry. However, what you say makes perfect sense, DPM is obviously designed to go over potentially damp subfloors so I'll just go with the recommended drying times.

Reply to DPM over leveller in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen