Search the forum,

Discuss Door threshold. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tiler tom

I went to quote a small bathroom floor. It is only 2 sq metres thought it was a straight forward one day rate as it is already boarded. The trouble is the existing wall tiling does not go down to floor level and falls short by 15mm in places. It is for this reason they want the floor re boarding and raising. It would mean removing toilet and bath panel re boarding, tiling, trimming door and replacing.

A job that i would have quoted 130 for now looks like costing a whole lot more.

In this situation what should be done. I was thinking giving 2 quotes to the customer so they could see the price difference.
If the customer still wishes the floor raising what is the usual thing to do at the door threshold were there is a difference in floor levels.

Tom

D

DHTiling

What about using 100mm floor tile cuts and put tile skirtings on..this will hide the gaps and then no need to raise the floor......

T

tiler tom

The gaps between floor and wall are not even due to the floor varying. I take it the 100 mm cuts refer to being able to match a skirting tile to the floor tile but do the sit on the surface of the wall tile ?

Reply to Door threshold. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen