Search the forum,

Discuss Don't be afraid of epoxy grout!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fred

I was really worried a few months back, epoxy grout to be used on 2 bathroom floors. After a bit of research, I found it quite easy, however longer to do.

So, heres how I did it, if your interested????

I used Mapei epoxy. You get a tub, in that tub is a small tub of liquid. Nix the 2 together, it takes some mixing, so mix, mix, mix!

I used 2 normal grout floats, I now know an epoxy float would be better, cleaning it as you go.....buy lots of spounges and remember to put that in the price....I didn't!

Start to grout, only, and I mena only put the epoxy in and around the lines, do only say 1 m2. Now, with a clean sponge, drop lots of water on the grout, and I mean lots of water. Buy some scoring pads, wet it, and rub up the lines, the epoxy don't like water, quickly with a sponge in 1 direction rub up. Rinse out the sponge and once more clean.

I couldn't believe I did'nt have to go over the floor again, totally clean, albeit, 4 sponges later and expensive scoring pads.

Thats how to grout with epoxy................Fred.

Reaction score
Good man Fred

I love epoxy and use it on most of my jobs.

I would go so far as to say that kerapoxy design epoxy grout is easier to use than ultracolour cement grout.

well done for having the confidence to try it :thumbsup:

S

Stewart

I use it in all my wetrooms,
But it's not easy convincing the customer to pay the extra for it, though I am lucky enough to get as many free sponges as I want from my local independent tile shop. Well done for giving it a go and start putting it down as an option on all your quotes and you'll soon start getting takers.

M

MTiler

Im allergic to it so hate it, and unfortunately Im using it more these days with the spa work Ive been doing.

Cleaning with warm water makes life easier. You can get cheap cellulose sponges from Decorating Direct - UK and theyre sent compressed, I also use flanelette (wrapped around the sponge) to clean it as the nap picks up the grout a treat and its alot cheaper than sponges (some also use chamois leather). Also I get cheap white emulsifying pads from the 3M site.
Acetone is great for cleaning tools and the tiles, but its strong stuff!

missyT

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just about to see load of epoxy grout used on a bunch of mcdonalds resteraunts i am screeding.

R

Rob Z

We use epoxy grade on almost all jobs. The small inconveniences of using epoxy are more than made up for by the lack of problems with shading, efflorescence, etc.

Reply to Don't be afraid of epoxy grout!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen