Search the forum,

Discuss Does hardibacker need adhesive on caberdek? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

wasabi

-
Reaction score
Hi folks

Tiling a bathroom in a new build. Floor is caberdek, solid and flat. Could I just screw the hardi boards down? There's zero movement, or should I still use the adhesive bed? This caberdek looks a bit waxy or has a coating. Cheers

wasabi

-
Reaction score
fyi I called Hardibacker and they said to use the adhesive still. Not sure what it will do as it won't stick well to the waxy chipboard and the floor was flat and solid already, but heyho

Reaction score
Hi Wasabi,
I saw your post this morning but didn't really know the answer.
I thought about it this afternoon and was going to suggest using adhesive anyway, as it will bond the substate and it gives an extra layer of protection, in my opinion, you can't go wrong by making sure there is nothing that will come back to bite you on floors.

Hobnob

-
Reaction score
Even on caberdek I would always prime and then apply adhesive first. It will fill even minor undulations between hardi and chipboard and with the screw fixings will ensure a solid substrate to tile to.

Reply to Does hardibacker need adhesive on caberdek? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen