Search the forum,

Discuss Does epoxy grout need sealing? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

aero12

Hi,

the kitchen splash back has just been tiled with white tiles. Kerapoxy design grout was used (white colour).

It looks good and wasn't too hard to put on - i think i was worrying too much needlessly!

Does epoxy grout need sealing / benefit from sealing?

we have a heavily used kitchen and am worried about grease stains etc on the grout.

Looking forward to all responses.

thanks

W

White Room

Surly thats the reason for using epoxy grout for an easy clean....personally would'nt waste your time trying to seal them.

A

aero12

You CAN'T seal epoxy.
(coz it's epoxy!)

why is it not possible?

Is there any benefit to be had in sealing epoxy?

The splashbacks will regularly get cleaned. I dont mind if the stains are just on the surface (and can we wiped off)but dont want them absorbed into the grout.

O

One Day

why is it not possible?

Is there any benefit to be had in sealing epoxy?

The splashbacks will regularly get cleaned. I dont mind if the stains are just on the surface (and can we wiped off)but dont want them absorbed into the grout.

As above!

Reply to Does epoxy grout need sealing? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen