Search the forum,

Discuss Ditra over shower pan in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Aloha everyone.

I've embarked on a bathroom remodel. I opted to use the hydro block shower pan and system. When I notched my joists and set my presloped pan, I've ended up flush with the existing wood subfloor. As such, now if I put any hardi board on top of subfloor, the transition to the pre sloped shower pan will have a 1/4" step down into the pan. I want the transition to be smoother than that so I was going to use ditra over the wood subfloor and just go right over that transition and cover the pre sloped pan as well so everything was level. Does anyone have any concerns about doing it this way? I figured if I red guard the floor into the shower and over that transition, I'm just using the ditra as a leveling underlayment. I'm just trying my best here to figure out how to make it work with what I have. Pan should have been 1/4" higher to make transition smooth, but now I have what I have. Please help

Reaction score
How far have you gone? Like you say the best thing is to raise the pan by 1/4” , why don’t you want to just do this?

Reaction score
It's already in.... pan is thinset down. Walls are in. I'd have to cut out section along pan and remove pan and get a new pan. By the time I tear it out, it will be destroyed

Reply to Ditra over shower pan in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen