Search the forum,

Discuss Discoloured Marble, New Install. Help Please !! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tile Shop

So the other way round, if sealed like it should be first, then applying the epoxy, would that have a dodgy affect on the seal?

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I imagine this would not effect the impregnator ( solvent based)will be cured water and oil reppelance, it may re activate slightly with its chemical make up . But again should it be next to a natural stone? Will look into this.

Lee T

TF
Reaction score
Looks like moisture still in the tile too me he could of used rapid set white with the other tiles and maybe a grey adhesive in these

Reaction score
If you already had them 4 tiles or from the same batch purchased that were used It could be a drying problem and might blend in overtime. If you fitted underfloor heating this might help once adhesive has had chance to cure. Im at a loss that your marble was not sealed prior to grouting and as mentioned fitted with epoxy grout. If all else fails you could seal the tiles with a slightly colour enhanced marble impregnation to help blend what you have. also what wetroom tray was have you used? just dont recognise it.

Reply to Discoloured Marble, New Install. Help Please !! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen