Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Diamond Training Group in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm already at a higher stage than that to be honest Liz. Though I don't want to build hope so I'll just have to report back.

We know the assessors for most of the training centre's and many are the same. If it is at all possible they'd have seen it done before and will know right away. Just waiting for their calls though, I only got onto this around 2pm today.

The people I know I can't help (and again I'm not suggesting I can help anybody here, I'll just try my best to) are those that just did a training course not related to quals or funding. And the people I don't need to help are the people who paid everything by credit card. Though the ones I want to try and help the most are the ones that needed this to make ends meet, had the funding, took the course but didn't get it fully delivered. And I'd have thought the funders can organise replacement training centres but it's not my call to say so.

So I'll report back asap. :)

B

Bathpool

Thanks Dan for your efforts to find out what has happened, and to all who have offered advice and suggestions. I am lucky in that I had completed 5 of the 6 weeks, I know others were at a much earlier stage in the course. I certainly can't fault the quality of the training I had at Diamond, which is partly why it came as a surprise. I will look into completing the remaining parts with another centre, your help is much appreciated.
I did pay by credit card so will take this up with them (thanks Dan!) and will wait to be contacted by the liquidators.
I suppose it is an unfortunate sign of the times we are in. As always the support from the forum has been great

P

Prem Tiler

Oh, dear. I'm notr please to hear this. As some of you know Sam @ Diamond taught me to fix tile & stone.

I shall send them a txt. I'm sure Danny will be ok he is a very shrude cookie.

Hat of to you Dan. Not really anything to do with you fella and as a busy man not your problem and you look to be going well out of your way for your members.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Diamond were our sponsors and I'd help both them and their customers as part of that deal. It's what we're about.

So if I can do something, and it just costs me a bit of time, them I'm more than willing to do whatever I have to.

P

Prem Tiler

Dan, I just noticed the prevous thread started by un-regestered guest in mid september where Danny replyed saying there was noting wrong. Wonder if some one knew something and tryed to tip you off??

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Dan, I just noticed the prevous thread started by un-regestered guest in mid september where Danny replyed saying there was noting wrong. Wonder if some one knew something and tryed to tip you off??

Nah, unfortunately nothing as interesting :lol: - Diamond literally had server issues. I checked, their domain was pointing to the wrong web space for the hosting account. Something related to them changing their web designer team I think that was only a problem when he came to renewing his domain or something I'd suspect.

Very coincidental though.

K

kgbviktor

Very sad news indeed and a lesson to be learnt here-pay for your courses with a credit card and you shold be ok.I made the mistake myself with the now de-funct BuildingandPlastering Training centre,Nuneaton,as it went bust over Xmas 2008/2009 and I only found out by going to the centre only to find a note pinned to the wall.I lost half by course fees £1300!

I wonder how safe other training centres are,I see Darren from NETT is back teaching the tiling course-is this a warning sign or me being a doom merchant!!

B

bickers

Are all diamond training centres closing? as i have paid deposit of £900 for my course to start in january at the arundel centre

D

diamondtiling

What a bl**dy shame.....:thumbsdown:

Never nice to hear this happening and I am 100% sure Danny will have given everything he had to try and save the company.

Not great news for the trainees left in the lurch I know:mad2:Can they not continue their courses from the same stage they were up to at another Training Centre?

Take your time Danny and pick yourself back up:smilewinkgrin:

Hello...........:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Diamond Training Group in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks