Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Diamond Training Group in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Bathpool

Anyone know what has happened to Diamond Training Group in Ford? I turned up for week 6 of my NVQ course this morning to find the place locked up, no staff and all the fixtures & fittings removed from inside.
The guy in the unit next door said a van turned up on Saturday and cleared it out!

I am now back home and it looks like I am out of pocket and unable to complete the course. :mad2: I have had no contact from anyone at Diamond to explain what is going on.
I can only assume they have gone under and will have to chase for any refund as a creditor.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We just heard this ourselves and are trying to confirm what's going on. Doesn't look promising then.

I'll wait a day or two and then remove the sponsorship if we can't get in touch with anybody.

D

Deleted member 9966

I've just rang their head office and phone is ringing out.

I'm also looking on their website too and it says they were opening 4 other training centres this year. Does anybody know if this happened? Usually when a company goes for a big expansion, they usually end up falling flat on their face. Seen too many businesses round here try it.

Sorry to hear of your experience Bathpool. I've never had it happen to me. But I would agree that you should at least enter yourself on the list of creditors that they owe.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still yet to confirm anything and can't get hold of anybody.

Trying Construction Training Services now that are connected to Diamond in some way. Though CTS used to be Step-to-Training and they too folded some time ago and just setup under CTS at a later date. I have contact details for CTS here but Phil Sykes hasn't retuned my call yet. Can't get hold of Danny on his mobile either.

D

david campbell

at least the dignity of a phone call to anyone who booked the course to let them know not to turn up would be better than the way they have just disappearred

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Danny has responded and has confirmed that the company has gone into liquidation Friday and that any course delegates will be contacted by the Official Receivers in due course. He did say he tried everything he could do to protect the company and continue trading and it is with regret that he had to wrap up the company.

He thanked all DTG customers and the forum members for supporting the company for many years.

And it's with regret that I pass on the news as I saw Diamond grow from not much to something quite reputable, and Danny's own previous company Essex Tiling Training too for that matter.

D

doug boardley

Not good practice, whatever the reason, to not call people booked on a course and say that centre is closed (again, for whatever reason)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Once a company is in receivership the previous directors are not allowed to contact any customers or suppliers, as the official receiver becomes the directors for the time it takes to deal with creditors and the likes. And before it's in receivership, while you're trying to work out where to go, it's not wise to announce problems as you'd become a Northern Rock type affair that sort of forces the company to never recover.

So in some sense I can understand the way companies end up being wrapped up.

Though I do agree that it's a shame for all those who are left in the lurch in the weeks leading upto the day it's decided the business needs to cease trading.

W

White Room

As a creditor Bathpool you may find that the list is long and you will be near the bottom..........

Thats bad news for anyone, they are not the first and doubful they will be the last IMO

Reaction score
What a bl**dy shame.....:thumbsdown:

Never nice to hear this happening and I am 100% sure Danny will have given everything he had to try and save the company.

Not great news for the trainees left in the lurch I know:mad2:Can they not continue their courses from the same stage they were up to at another Training Centre?

Take your time Danny and pick yourself back up:smilewinkgrin:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Can they not continue their courses from the same stage they were up to at another Training Centre?

I've been looking into this already mate. But I've lost touch with the training industry somewhat since the forums got busy and I'm at a bit of a lost cause now. I'm not sure what can be done right now. It might be best to wait for the letter from the receivers and see what they're offering/suggesting.

Though I'm waiting on a call or two, and then I'll report back if I find anything. Clearly I'm gutted myself as I feel partly involved as many connections will be via the forums, or partly via here. So I'm doing what I can to help and will remove the Diamond logo's from our various websites over the next couple of days too.

D

Deleted member 9966

Dan

I think Chichester College were affiliated to DTG on their website. Maybe worth contacting them or other colleges?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm trying to go via the assessors that work for loads of training centre's, inc TradeTeacher/CSCL. Colleges would also use them I guess but if this fails I'll see what the college says. :D

Good find Liz.

Reply to Diamond Training Group in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks