Search the forum,

Discuss dewalt SDS leaking oil in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
I have an sds by dewalt that has grafted and never missed a beat for me. I use it for mixing up batches, drilling holes, tile removal and floor breaking, where it can cope. I heard Bosch took over dewalt and their tools haven't been up to the old standard however I don't know if this is just people chatting poo.

After 7 years and the previous owners bashing it has started to secrete some oil from the side...

So tonight I went and picked up the Makita on offer in screwfix just in case this one goes however I think I would rather clean it up and fix what Im guessing is a gasket then sell it on and use the Makita as it is a 3kg one and Im assuming will cope better.

Does anyone knowif my guess is right and if at all it can be repaired in a DIY fashion.

cheers peoples

Reaction score
SDS breaker or drill?. If its a breaker (im sure you know) then there is usually a accessible compartment that you have to put grease in quite frequently. If you use the breaker for too long a period the grease gets hot and melts leading to what looks like oil coming out. If its a drill then as far as I know there are no grease points accessible. Hope it helps.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Cheers Peter. It was used over a prolonged period and got very hot... Cook an egg on it lol. Still grafting but has started jumping out the breaker mode. Got a new makita now so all is good.

T

TJ Smiler

How you getting on with the Makita Cam, any good mate?

I bought the Hitachi one that was on offer in screw fix for 99 quid............bloody rubbish!!!

Reply to dewalt SDS leaking oil in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen