Search the forum,

Discuss Design opinions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

marsaday1971

I am making a new bathroom in our attic conversion and i have decided i want to go with a lino floor.

I havent decided on which tiles to use and which floor covering to use, but does a wood floor effect lino look ok with tiles (nothing fancy really).

My misses likes this idea and so do i but i havent really seen a wood floor in a bathroom. It all seems to be travertine and limestone floors nowadays with the same on the walls.

I know its personal taste, but is this a big no no. Any links to photos would be appreciated.

D

doug boardley

I guess it's a question of taste, personally I'd not put linoleum in my own bathroom.

W

White Room

As you say it's personal taste but I would bring the lino up onto the lower part of the wall, 150mm to make it more waterproof..

U

user123

I have a red glittery lino tpe floor in my bathroom and love it, it's really a safety floor but it's got sparkly bits in that make is slip proof and I love it. Got it from the local flooring and carpet shop and the guy who fitted it was amazing, as it's a really odd shaped room with lots of difficult cuts to make, he managed it all in one, it has skirting and he finished it off with clear silicone, looks just fine. Just go to your local flooring shop and have a good look round .. it'll present itself :)

Reply to Design opinions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen