Search the forum,

Discuss custom shower screen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jamesknox

Looking for a shower screen (wetroom) but at a custom size.
Anyone any ideas? Also would need fixings.

Help appreciated

D

DHTiling

We sometimes use a glass supplier to do custom screens.. cut to any size and then use the glass bracket fittings..

S

Scott

They are expensive! Do an internet search and you will find one local. Is there nothing on the market that will fit or is it for an angled ceiling or something?

J

jamesknox

Srt Wetdecs been offline for a while. Custom really means narrow - normal height but maybe 55cm to 60 cm max

C

Colour Republic

Srt Wetdecs been offline for a while. Custom really means narrow - normal height but maybe 55cm to 60 cm max

is this because half of the shower is inset in to an alcove?

Also where abouts are you in the country?

J

jamesknox

yes, quite a build with and alcove and essentially I don't need / can't afford the usual standard width screens but require something narrower. I guess getting 8mm glass cut is straight forward enough but not sure where I could buy the fixings.

Bassed in Essex

S

Scott

You would have to get the glass toughened as well as that is compulsory. 6mm is allowed but depends on the application, id stik with the 8mm :thumbsup:

You may be able to get a company to make the profiles and fixings but i dont think they will be cheap.

U

user123

I have a brand new (still in unopened original packaging) shower door that we couldn't use in our ensuite, from a P shaped shower bath, if you can get someone to cut it down to the width you require the slight round could look really good? All fixings included... might be an idea?

Strummerman installed our bathroom, he can vouch for it. Let me know if you're interested? :thumbsup:

C

Colour Republic

I have a brand new (still in unopened original packaging) shower door that we couldn't use in our ensuite, from a P shaped shower bath, if you can get someone to cut it down to the width you require the slight round could look really good? All fixings included... might be an idea?

Strummerman installed our bathroom, he can vouch for it. Let me know if you're interested? :thumbsup:

Sadly you can't cut toughened glass MG

Reply to custom shower screen in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen