Search the forum,

Discuss Cubica Blanco in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Can someone give me some advice on these tiles please. I grouted them today, but trying to get the grout out of the 960 indents on each tile is an absolute nightmare. I've tried washboy sponge, and rough scouring cloth, microfibre cloth and grout haze remover but its a long process to remove all the trapped grout. I have to be careful not to drag out the grout in the grout joints. I've got some of the grout out, but every time the tile dries I see more trapped grout. I've only grouted 2 walls (9sqm) and that has taken me all day. I've now loaded up the car with phosphoric acid and black emulsifying pad (although I am reluctant to use the black pad on white grout.

I've still got the other 2 walls to do tomorrow, should I be wiping the walls down a couple of mins after grouting? Today I left the grout to stiffen up for about 20 mins.

Cheers
Sean

Attachments

• 2013-08-19_14-56-07_515.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 2013-08-19_14-56-56_133.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 31

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Wash them with a normal sponge ,I do a 2 course at a time one vertically one diagonally ,then when that's done I wash em again,they are a pain to be honest but you shouldn't be having those problems ,you probably left it to long I do one wall wash off before starting another wall

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I will try to find a pic, can't remember struggling though.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 003.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 28
S

Stef

1st time I grouted these they were a pain because I left to much grout on the face of the tile.
Be a bit more picky when washing down & you will be fine.
I wouldn't leave it 20mins before sponging though, seems a bit long to me, I usually sponge down 10 mins max when grouting.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Cheers lads, I am using Weber flex grout and I guess 20mins in this heat was a bit too long. When I do the other half of the room I'll wash off in about 7mins. Then I've got the joy of Mapei anthracite on the floor (porcelain slate like tile) - fun.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Update: I did the rest of the grouting fine. One wall 4sqm I grouted and wiped off within 5 mins - perfect finish.

The walls I grouted yesterday I used the acid - no good, the black emulsifying pad - rubbish, steam - helped a little bit, the only thing that worked was the yellow wedge from a tile levelling system. I had to scrape away at every tile until I got about 80% of the hardened grout off. I got through about 40 wedges because I kept wearing them down. Still got to scrape the rest off in the morning. Cheers for your help.

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
Never had a prob with these myself , it's just a case with this particular tile that you have to be a bit more methodical with washing off. I think the odd angles of the face of the tile can hide bits of unwashed grout , so just a bit more attention to detail with tiles off this type.

That is meant in a helpful way and not a critical way.

Diggy

Reply to Cubica Blanco in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen