Search the forum,

Discuss CTS - Quote for tomorrow - same old story in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Had a cowboy in doing wet room. The floor is apparently all lovely and level (warms up my knocking finger) walls are a disaster.

Pictures to follow...

M

mattle40

I find a golf ball the perfect tool for that, retire ur knocking finger, nothing highlights the hollows more than the ping of a golf ball lol

T

Time's Ran Out

Are all the bad jobs just in Essex or do have an in built radar for finding them?
Just wondering as I'am in Rayleigh for a 3rd time next week and didn't want to bump into Roy Rogers or the Lone Ranger.

C

charlie1

Why would you want to though? We all know about dot dabbing, some do it some don't, more do it than you would think I suspect! But why check over someone's work if its not a concern to you directly? It's unwise to make enemies in this world unnecessarily.

M

mattle40

Why would you want to though? We all know about dot dabbing, some do it some don't, more do it than you would think I suspect! But why check over someone's work if its not a concern to you directly? It's unwise to make enemies in this world unnecessarily.

IMO, If I was going in to fix a cowboys work I would be highlighting every flaw and explaining why it's wrong and what I would do to fix it. Purely my opinion.
If the customer wants it fixing and in this case seems to be thinking the floor is fine, I would feel it my responsibility to at least look into it for them while I'm there
And I wouldn't count that making enemies.
Just my 2 penneth

C

charlie1

IMO, If I was going in to fix a cowboys work I would be highlighting every flaw and explaining why it's wrong and what I would do to fix it. Purely my opinion.
If the customer wants it fixing and in this case seems to be thinking the floor is fine, I would feel it my responsibility to at least look into it for them while I'm there
And I wouldn't count that making enemies.
Just my 2 penneth[/

so cam has been asked to quote for a repair on previous work? Fair enough

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Yes the customer called tonight. Said the floor appears fine. Walls Are a mess and needs redone. Shall I not check the floor (wet room remember). Leave it to luck ?

These jobs are all over just down here its riddled with 'general builders' and people always say they are getting the builders in, assuming builders can do it all no?

They never seem to say they've got the tilers in ? If they've got the plumbers in they'll say that, they don't say they've got the joiners in ?

Down to the customer not choosing correctly or being conned with the talk no ?

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Knock knock....

who's there?

Dot...

dot who?

Dot n dab of course!

Havent got time for full story till I get to earls Barton but here's a couple pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 27

Reply to CTS - Quote for tomorrow - same old story in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen