Search the forum,

Discuss Cordless grinder, who uses one ? in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

llevram

TF
Reaction score
Hello all,

Does anyone use a cordless grinder? If you which one and what’s your views on it?
Considering buying one but the dewalt one is £200 with no battery’s, which are £140 for one and a charger.

Any advice would be great or opinions would be great thanks

B

Blunt Tool

Have a look at the Bosch blue range, I started with the drill driver with 2 4amp batteries for 150 then bought the grinder bare for 90 then got the multi tool for 150 all from screwfix then bought 3 5amp batteries on eBay

B

Bill

Corded ones are balanced better, have a look at the Metabo grinder as this has a swivelling battery that can be turned to help with balance depending on the angle of your cutting/grinding. Not cheap mind you.

F

Flintstone

It’s something I have considered but, i can see it encouraging me to just make that little cut, without a mask, indoors, etc.

Reaction score
Av still got my old Bosch 14.4v cordless , replaced batteries a few times over the years , had it for 15 years.......you can still get it occasionally on e bay.... Great for dressing & small checks etc, even the odd kitchen splash, always handy to have one as a secondary grinder,

roadking

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hilti is by far the best cordless grinder that i've used. They are very expensive but just as good as a corded one. I had one rented for 3 yrs and i never used a corded grinder while i had it and i never had any problem whatsoever within the 3yrs, I didnt even have to replace the brushes as it was a brushless model. I've burned out 2 makita cordless in the past 2yrs but luckily screwfix replaced them free of charge...... When my present cordless Makita burns out I'll defnitely go back to Hilti......

Reply to Cordless grinder, who uses one ? in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen