Search the forum,

Discuss construction skills college/trade teacher wolverhampton in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

sam171989

hi i was wondering any info from anyone whos trained there or is planning o going on a 10 day tiling course i was also wondering do you need a nvq in tiling to get a cscs card thanks

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hi Sam, not sure about the content of the ten day course but you need a nvq level 2 to get a cscs card, unfortunately you will not get a nvq level 2 in ten days. Some of these descriptions are misleading to say the least, sorry to be blunt, but you do your research before parting with your hard earned, good luck mate.:thumbsup:

M

Max@ableskills

hi i was wondering any info from anyone whos trained there or is planning o going on a 10 day tiling course i was also wondering do you need a nvq in tiling to get a cscs card thanks

Hi Sam. To get a CSCS card you do not need an NVQ. If you undertake and pass the CSCS test and hold no vocational qualification it will generate a site operatives CSCS card.

If you are looking to acheive a skilled worker CSCS card then you will need to have a vocational NVQ level 2.

Skilled worker CSCS card is blue in colour and states the qualification that you hold on the back of the card.

Good luck with your course.

G

Gazzer

Hi Sam. To get a CSCS card you do not need an NVQ. If you undertake and pass the CSCS test and hold no vocational qualification it will generate a site operatives CSCS card.

If you are looking to acheive a skilled worker CSCS card then you will need to have a vocational NVQ level 2.

Skilled worker CSCS card is blue in colour and states the qualification that you hold on the back of the card.

Good luck with your course.

And on most of the sites I worked on that wasnt enough to get you on site unless you were with another tiler with a skilled card. Its all down to the contractor and how strict they are with the rules.

M

Max@ableskills

And on most of the sites I worked on that wasnt enough to get you on site unless you were with another tiler with a skilled card. Its all down to the contractor and how strict they are with the rules.

Agreed.

Site operatives card is generally for a labourer or apprentice.

Blue skilled worker card is for a qualified tradesperson.

S

sam171989

I thought a nvq in tiling would get me a blue cscs card as a professional trades person

M

Max@ableskills

I thought a nvq in tiling would get me a blue cscs card as a professional trades person

It will but only if you have passed the CSCS test.

The NVQ and the CSCS test will give you a blue skilled worker card.

Also going back to your first post you will need to undertake a much longer/detailed course to cover all aspects of training required to enable you to acheive the NVQ whilst in the workplace.

College day release is one option over the duration of a couple of years or block release courses aligned with NVQ requirements.

S

sam171989

If I'm working for myself I can get assessed for my nvq if I pay for a accessor to come out to me is that right

M

Max@ableskills

If I'm working for myself I can get assessed for my nvq if I pay for a accessor to come out to me is that right

Hi Sam

If you give our centre a call on 01322280202 one of our course advisors can answer all your tiling course and NVQ questions.

Many thanks

M

Mr T

my cscs card test is coming up all yu have to do is go to the jobcentre (if your signing on) and get them to refer you to job change and there you wil revise and then after 3 weeks will book you in for a test if they feel you know enough

Reply to construction skills college/trade teacher wolverhampton in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen