Search the forum,

Discuss Concrete panels on bathroom walls? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Here’s the reply I got from one place,
The panels are not water proof but are water, moisture and mould resistant. You would need to seal in between using a silicone grout if in direct water. We would not recommend the panels to be used in shower cubicles (direct water) but bathroom areas are fine.

Even though we do not recommend the product is used in direct water exposure areas it has been done with previous projects. To ensure the product is sealed customers have used the method below, but we would not be able to guarantee this. For normal bathroom walls and floors no extra application is required.

Please see below for the process one of our previous customers have used to install Concreate in a direct water exposure area;

-Seal between panels with silicone.

-Then apply Rubio Mono coat on installation and then annually to maintain. (we do not supply this product)

John..

Reaction score
BD93F832-3C47-4CED-B981-15D7E325FF66.jpeg
FFBADD1C-E96A-45DA-A05B-CC41567892A3.jpeg
CBF76376-1984-4E19-8B17-A7CB8DC2827F.jpeg

O

Old Mod

And how do you feel about the product now?
Have you tried to break the sample between your fingers to assess the strength of it?
Silicone in the joints doesn’t sound appealing I must admit, but it’s not my house, only my biased opinion. :)

Reaction score
image.jpg
The sample is from Concreate, 4mm thick. The sample is about 6”x 2” and I could easily snap it, probably has the strength of a 6mm wall tile.
After they mentioned the silicone part there is no way I would do that, it will look awful.
I had to look up the Rubio monocoat, probably better used on my fence
I think it would be okay on the bathroom walls where it needs just sticking on with no spacing joints, just not the shower area.
I will wait until the livingconcrete samples turn up to see what they are like. I tried to find any where that stocked the concrete LCDA products but couldn’t find anywhere.
I may just end up tiling it, sick of samples now

Cheers
John..

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
If you used this type of product on the wall , and there is porosity .I would test a water based Impregnator on your samples,( like oils ,solvents can darken these ) you will need to clean/maintain these at some point.
Im sure I saw these types of product at the London surface design show- they also had porcelain conrete replicas , perhaps they mix them to cover the wet areas.

Reaction score
395DBA19-FFBC-4F4A-AAB9-7FA4FCAB1D10.png
I have a few samples from Mandarin Stone, upto now they are the ones I would go for.
I’m just waiting for the last set of tile samples from CTD architectural tiles before making my mind up

Cheers
John..

Reply to Concrete panels on bathroom walls? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen