Discuss Company name ??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you check with companies house and generally do a good search online, and be sure to check domain names too as richard says. If you're going to start a firm, I'd make sure you do it right and get the lot and ensure there's nothing similar.

Other idea's I've heard before is to think of Gem meanings and year meanings or perhaps geographical meaning, either where you're based or where the 'material' originally orientated from, and things of that nature. You'll find a lot of natural stone that gets manufactured into tile will carry similar names due to their natural 'meanings' and such-like.

Had a firm once based in Sandbach which used to be called Sanbec many many years ago, called the firm Sanbec Trading Ltd and the locals loved it.

I just can't think of any that haven't been said after reading all of those. I'll have a think in an hour or so when I have read a lot more to help me forget the above. :thumbsup:

Reaction score
some good ones in there !!! but i still think that we can do better people!!!!! come on!!!!:lol:
thinking-006.GIF
thinking-023.GIF

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Get stoned
Marble Run
Stick'n'stone
Suggestion from my daughter - Use us cos we fix stones and tiles to things :thumbsup:
Stone Roses - Might be copyright problems

F

Fekin

Some funny ones there, though personally I normally stay away from companies that have a play on words for their company name, why I don't know really, though I may find the name funny, I would be put off calling someone with a funny company name like "Stoned" and phone one called something like "The Stone Company" or similar, something with a more serious name, brings to my mind someone who takes their work serious.

D

diamondtiling

I know a tiler called R.Knight in Crewe, his company is called 'A Knight on the tiles' he has a huge knight on horseback on his van. Pretty catchy I thought.

:smilewinkgrin:

E

enduro

Here is a few more.

Calcite tiling
Schist tiling (sounds to much like s--- tiling)
Cobbles tiling
Pebbles tiling
Jasper tiling
Hornfels tiling
Pyrite tiling
Dolostone tiling.

D

DHTiling

All Natural installations.

Simply Stone.

Vein cut tiling.

Calibrated tiling.

just some for now..:thumbsup:

Reply to Company name ??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks