Search the forum,

Discuss Commercial Kitchens Pricing and advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Graham Bright

Hi guys,

I wouldnt mind a little bit of advice from you if thats ok.

I have a couple of jobs coming up for tiling commercial kitchens (small restaurants). The customer just requires a simple splashback around quite a large worktop in each kitchen. Roughly 10m2 each I think

Other than using epoxy resin is there anything else that I should be consiering or looking out for as this is my first commercial kitchen job?

My other question is regarding general pricing up of a job like this. From a labour point of view, is it as simple as working out the square meterage of the splashback and calculating my price accordingly or do you add money in for working with epoxy, or the fact that it is commercial. etc I want to win the business and really get my name going with this customer as he owns a few different places but I dont want to price myself too low or indeed to high.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Graham

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Price according to your normal price, add into that that the epoxy will take a bit longer, though on that 'small' amount of m2 not too bad, that's what I would do, also depends on how busy you are and how much, as you say, you want a foot in with this guy.

Hope that helps.

J

jay

hi we will need more info reg job memtioned substrate are you going to use epoxy adh or epoxy grout and does job need to be done out of normal working hours :8:

G

Graham Bright

Cheers Alan - that does help..

Jay - Thats really what I was checking. In a commercial kitchen, do you have to use epoxy addy as well as grout. I was thinking just grout was enough but I need to check. Its going to be done on a normal working day during normal hours as the restaurant doesnt open till late. I will post more definate info once I go over to see him later in the week to look at both jobs.

I just wanted to be armed with a bit of knowledge before I go.

Cheers

R

Rich

I would price it the same as I would any other splash back and add a little more on top for using epoxy. If the guy has hinted towards more work to follow then its up to you if you want to take the price down a bit but just be carful not to go to low or he will expect the same rate for the next job.

Reply to Commercial Kitchens Pricing and advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen