Currently reading:
cleaning Epoxy grout tip

Search the forum,

Discuss cleaning Epoxy grout tip in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MTiler

Hi peeps

Im working on a job at the mo that requires black epoxy grout, deep joy :mad2:.
Wasnt looking forward to cleaning the stuff but I was given a tip by another tiler that has made it so much easier.
Instead of getting through umpteen celulose sponges I now use flannelette (cotton winceyette) rags. I wrap it around a sponge and just keep rinsing it, it works a treat, so much easier and quicker. A way that was suggested was to cut a piece about 1m2, wet it, lay it on the wall and drag it up the wall. Ive not yet tried that way.
As the material has a raised nap it collects the grout, and isnt smeary.
I have a newbie helping me on the job and she thought I'd lost the plot 'cos I was so exicited that the tip worked and made it easier. Its her first epoxy job!
If you dont have any old flannelette sheets to cut up its dead cheap in a material shop.

missyT

W

White Room

Hi peeps

Im working on a job at the mo that requires black epoxy grout, deep joy :mad2:.
Wasnt looking forward to cleaning the stuff but I was given a tip by another tiler that has made it so much easier.
Instead of getting through umpteen celulose sponges I now use flannelette (cotton winceyette) rags. I wrap it around a sponge and just keep rinsing it, it works a treat, so much easier and quicker. A way that was suggested was to cut a piece about 1m2, wet it, lay it on the wall and drag it up the wall. Ive not yet tried that way.
As the material has a raised nap it collects the grout, and isnt smeary.
I have a newbie helping me on the job and she thought I'd lost the plot 'cos I was so exicited that the tip worked and made it easier. Its her first epoxy job!
If you dont have any old flannelette sheets to cut up its dead cheap in a material shop.

Saw a tiler doing that over twenty years ago with standard floor grout, worked well.

U

user123

I was also told that its possible to mix some clear washing up liquid with the epoxy grout to make it easier to apply. Never tried it myself, I'd be totally paranoid it'd affect the grout in a bad way.

missyT

uurghhh :lol: but, considering I'm going to split some of my grout into small portions, I can play a little, it will be a while yet but will let you know the outcome! HOpe nobody is listening here.. :lol: I love experimenting though :thumbsup:

Reply to cleaning Epoxy grout tip in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.