Search the forum,

Discuss Choosing the right course in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of tiling my whole downstairs in 600 x 600 glazed porcelain with a 1mm grout gap. Laying the Ditra mat tomorrow. Might be biting off more than I can chew for a first job, but I'll know soon enough

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of tiling my whole downstairs in 600 x 600 glazed porcelain with a 1mm grout gap. Laying the Ditra mat tomorrow. Might be biting off more than I can chew for a first job, but I'll know soon enough

You have enough confidence to do it then from just the theory surrounding it in the course? You'll have to upload some pics when it's done. Be good to see it. That ditra mat, that's to stop cracks when the screed moves isn't it? I think anyway..

Reaction score
You have enough confidence to do it then from just the theory surrounding it in the course? You'll have to upload some pics when it's done. Be good to see it. That ditra mat, that's to stop cracks when the screed moves isn't it? I think anyway..

Another question, do they teach you how to level a floor at all prior to laying floor tiles on the 9 day course?

Reaction score
No practical element of levelling with slc, but it's covered in the theory.

Reaction score
1mm grout lines....optimistic, very optimistic, good luck!!

went with 2mm in the end. Wifey wants white grout and as-near-to-invisible lines as possible. Not to many people's taste I'm sure but it's something she's always wanted.

S

Spare Tool

went with 2mm in the end. Wifey wants white grout and as-near-to-invisible lines as possible. Not to many people's taste I'm sure but it's something she's always wanted.
Not very practical though, white grout on a floor, epoxy or it'll be grey before you know it..

Reply to Choosing the right course in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen